We are looking for reliable, responsible individuals to assist our business in meeting a growing client base. The Landscape Team Leader works as a member of the team and directs the activities of two or more team members at a job site. The position is responsible for directing a Lawn Care or Landscaping Team in all areas of daily operations including quality control, quality services, and safety. Candidates must have strong organization skills, possess good leadership, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Position will provide quality service that meets or exceeds our customers’ and management’s expectations. The person will possess a friendly, customer service minded attitude, will conduct his or herself in a professional manor, and ensure that subordinates do the same. This position performs a variety of landscape activities, such as planting installation, lawn installation, small hardscape installations and general maintenance.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT AREN’T LIMITED TO:
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment
- Working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, trimming mulching, etc.
- Commercial & private mowing and trimming
- Spring / Fall Clean-up
- Shrub pruning and bed clean-up
- Landscape installation and bed maintenance
- Small hardscape installations and general maintenance
- Gutter Cleaning
- Residential Snow Removal
- General equipment maintenance
- Driving truck and trailer
- Requires a high school degree or GED
- 2-5 years of experience in the landscaping and/or hardscaping field
- Must be able to read and write English. Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Prior experience in a related position
- Related certifications and/or degrees a plus
- Available to work in all adverse weather conditions
- Must be available to work Monday – Saturday, 7am – 7pm. We typically work Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm, but due to fluctuations in weather and workload, hours and days must be flexible
- Ability to read & write English, including maps & diagrams
- A valid driver’s license with a good record
- Must be able to work with others
- Punctuality and reliability is a must
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Must obtain a DOT medical card